Posted by: First time Mommy | 2008/10/15

Extreme morning sickness?

I am 12 weeks pregnant and for 2 weeks now I vomit all day long and cannot keep any food down. The vomit is all stomach acid, gall and mucus and sometimes pieces of dry blood. Is it only extreme morning sickness or is it something to worry about.

I have tried 4 different types of medication which my GP and chemist prescribed, but nothing seem to help.

I am worried that it will harm my baby.

I agree with FTM. You could become dehydrated. See your gynaecologist about this.

Posted by: FTM | 2008/10/15

I am suprised that your Dr / Gynae hasn' t booked you in for a drip to keep you hydrated and sustained... this isn' t good for you or the baby.

I am 9 weeks and my MS was bad too, they gave me Asic and it helps but my Dr was very clear that if you are sick more than 5 times a day and no food or liquid stays in you have to go to hospital for assistance...

Rather be safe than sorry.

Hope it helps...

Reply to FTM