Posted by: madamX | 2003/01/27

Extreme heat in shins

I seem to be the only person concerned about the fact that my shins get extremely hot when I walk or stand. Now I'm experiencing it in my right arm between elbow and wrist. I have spoken to, and asked them to feel, various members of the medical profession, including physiotherapists. I had a Zielke Spinal Fusion a good few years ago, but this did not start immediately. As a guess I would say 'circulation' but can't get an answer, and don't want a more serious problem to arise when it's too late to dop anything.

Many thankx

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

MadamX, you might be suffering from shin splints, a nerve problem or a problem with the blood flow through the lower leg. Doppler studies will be able to tell you if the blood flow is the problem and if you mail me at, I’ll send you a copy of something I wrote on shin splints a while ago. To evaluate the neurological possibility, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.