Question
Posted by: Angel eyes | 2005/01/05

Extreme Dizziness in first weeks! Is this normal?

Hello All,

Funnily enough I was reading this web-site just before the holidays, thinking that you all sounded like one big happy, caring family!

I am 34 and desperately wanted to conceive although nothing was really being planned by hubby and me...then on Christmas eve, believe it or not..I got the biggest present ever by doing a HPT. My Dr. since confirmed (about 10 days ago) that I am 6 weeks pregnant, although I think it is closer to 5 weeks.

Since I have never been pregnant before, I am thrilled, shocked, scared and exremely stupid at this. I am feeling dizzy constantly, so much so that I am scared to move around too much. I feel like this every day, the whole day and I hate every second of it! I am feeling a bit nauseas too but nothing compared to the dizziness. It is really bad. I even have to move my head slowly to avoid a constant spinning / falling effect! Is this normal and will it last long?

Since I wanted this pregnancy so much I am almost paranoid at loosing it too. Anything I can do to be as safe as possible?

Thanks!

This is quite normal and should get better with time.
Ensure that you take folate tablets as well as iron. If the iron tablets make you more nauseous, you could delay these for a few weeks.

9
Posted by: Angel Eyes | 2005/01/05

Hi Mommies-2-be,

Thanks everybody for the rapid responses! It is great to know that there are so many mommies-2- be around, to help each other through miracle times! I am really looking forward to it. I would appreciate gynea-doc's opinion too. Hope she reads this!

I have gone for blood pressure tests today, and although it is a bit low, apparently nothing too far off track. Think I will call my Dr anyway.

Thanks for all the interest and I will keep you posted. LM, it will be great to talk to you every now again, seeing that both of us got in the boat at the same time! And good luck to CP Mom and all the others as well.

I will definately keep you posted....

Reply to Angel Eyes
Posted by: Norma | 2005/01/05

Congrats to all on your pregnancies, like I said before it's the best thing in the world being a MOMMY...

I don't think you should be so dizzy, maybe you should contact your doc, I was also a bit dizzy some days, but not as bad as yours. Maybe your bloodsugar is low.

You must read as much as you can on your pregnancy, that is the only way you will stay informed and know what to do and what not. But beware of all the Old wifes tales. They can really make you worry.
Just relax, rest and enjoy your pregnancy..... before you know it you will be holding your ANGEL....

Good luck and keep us posted..

Reply to Norma
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/01/05

HPT showed positve but i'm going to dr. this afternoon but yes I'm also dizzy everyday - not long spells just a lot of little ones.... i didnt think anything of it though i'd not been eating right over december?

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: cruz | 2005/01/05

Sorry I cannot answere your question but, If I were you I would contact your doc. I it could be anything, rather be safe then sorry.

Let us know how it goes.

Reply to cruz
Posted by: LM | 2005/01/05

Dear Angel Eyes

Same here! Greatest X-mas gift ever! We also found out just after X-mas that we are expecting. I am also about 5 weeks pregnant. I to would like to know why you are so dizzy, because I have the same symptoms. And it is also getting to me. At first I blamed the heat, until we had the news.

Congrats! The only thing you can do with a pregnancy is to enjoy it. And try to relax. This is my 2nd pregnancy, and with my 1st pregnancy I found that to read up on pregnancy as much as possible make you feel better and you are better prepared!

Reply to LM
Posted by: Uninformed | 2005/01/05

Perhaps the heat is a factor?? I have felt quite dizzy myself a few times from the heat. Also have you had your blood pressure checked at all??
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I wish you all the best and hope it all works out for you.

Reply to Uninformed
Posted by: JJ | 2005/01/05

Hi Angel Eyes,

Firstly Congratulations. I am 15 weeks pregnant and enjoying every moment of it I was so paranoid in the begining but the way I see it is you must take one day at a time. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy foods, I found the first three months to be very hard I never experienced dizziness though so can't help you out there. It would be a good idea to get a multi vitiamin from your doctor/gynae I am on DS-24 which is helpin me, I was so tired all the time in the beginning but I found to have lots of naps helps alot so make sure you get plenty of rest.

Please keep us informed on your pregnancy and best of luck.

JJ

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Angel Eyes | 2005/01/05

HPT= Home Pregnancy Test

Reply to Angel Eyes
Posted by: Feetjie | 2005/01/05

sorry but what is HPT ?

Reply to Feetjie