Question
Posted by: butterfly007 | 2008/06/11

Extreme ansiety and medication problem

I have severe anxiety for the past time. I am on Venlor XR 150mg and took Alzam 2mg a day, which I detoxed from and started again 2 months ago. I switched over to Urbanol10,which my neurologist prescribed me. He said I must take 2 daily as needed, but I take up to 5 or 6, because the anxiety is driving me crazy! He would not reply on my callls/messages and I don't have the money to see him everytime I have a question.

I'm not sure that Venlor is a great choice for treating severe anxiety --- and why on earth is a Neurologist treating anxiety ? Better by far to see a psychiatrist for a re-assessment and a second opinion. A whole different family of antidepresssants are far better for treating anxiety, Alzam and Urbanol can cause dependency and are merely sedative ; and CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) uis highly effective. See the appropriate specialist, and one who actually responds to messages rather than just seekign further costly appointments.

1
Posted by: Annette | 2009/05/11

My friend was prescribed Urbanol by his GP, he won' t take them
because he says they are addictive, is that true? How long can you stay on them then?

Reply to Annette