Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2003/01/17

Extreem Tiredness, had all the tests, what is wrong?

I have had extreem tiredness for years. I have been to have a sleep study at hospital overnight, have seen an immunologist, psychiatrist, neurologist, doctors, natrapath, fitness expert and no one can tell me whats wrong!!

I have had so many tests and they do not show anything abnormal. No one can work out what is wrong! I eat well and am 27 and excersise 20mins each day.

I will sleep all day and night if I can for days.

All I do is work and sleep, I get up at 6.30am work 8.30-5pm and go back to bed at 6.30pm. I sleep for 18 hrs straight on the weekends.

I have tried yoga, sleeping less (although VERY difficult to do!) and everything over the 10 years.

I HATE IT

Please any ideas
Lucy Greene.

Lucy, I’m sorry, but I doubt if I can make a meaningful contribution if you have already consulted all the other doctors. The best would be to get a full report from each of the specialists you saw and a copy of every test that was done. You then take them to one of the professors at the general medicine department of the medical faculty nearest to you. He will then take it from there. Good luck.