Posted by: alex | 2009/09/16

Exsessive Underarm Perperation

Dear CyberDoc

Is there a doctor which I can go to see about my excessive underarm perperation. I am 20 years old and this problem started when I was about 13 years old.

It doesnt matter which deoderant I use, I drink more than 8 glasses of water a day but it keeps coming, I can be sitting still and it would just drip down, it doesnt depend on the temperature and occurs everyday, it has recently gotten worse.

I have a suspision that it is Hyperhydosis as one of my friends had excessive sweating of the palms, he went for an operation which has now stopped it for him, is there something similar I could do ?

It has been more of an irritation in my life than a problem, but I am worried now that it has started to get worse.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Alex
Please see your GP for a referral to a neurosurgeon if needed. Alternatives are botox injections, medication like Probanthine, strong antiperspirants like Driclor or Perspirex
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: alex | 2009/09/16

PS. I live in Cape Town, South Africa

Reply to alex

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.