Question
Posted by: Eve | 2005/12/02

Exposure to insect fumigation in early pregnancy

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about a year. We began using ovulation test strips to assist. Therefore I am quite confident of the date of conception (I am about 7 weeks pregnant now). A few days after conception; my office was fumigated. I was busy working when the fumigation team came in and started spraying the poison around my desk. I quickly packed up and left (took about 5 minutes). I must say that I can't help but worry about the possible effects of poison on a newly developing embryo?

You are probably okay. It does not sound like there was much exposure.