Question
Posted by: Nceba | 2005/07/29

Expose to HIV for a year and still test negative

Hi Doc, I was exposed to HIV for a year prior to my knowledge of my former boyfriend's HIV+ status and still testing negative it's now 2years since i started testing and still im HIV -, could this be linked to my o+ blood group. I'm afraid that I might be HIV+ but it's not showing, im healthy no problems at all but just the fact that ive been exposed for so long and still test negative makes me unsettled.

what does blood Blood group O+ mean/?

Expert ImageArchive

You do not mention what tests were done, but I assume it was the Elisa test. Your test is still negative so you are not HIV positive. This has nothing to do with your blood group. O positive is the most common blood group.

1
Posted by: WiseManFromTheEast | 2005/07/29

Hiv has got nothing do with your blood type.That blood O type thing is a myth.
Not all sexual encounters with an HIV + person result in transmission.Be happy and grateful that you were not infected :).Now be cautious and always use protection , seeing you got a second chance :).Whats you number :))))?

Reply to WiseManFromTheEast