Question
Posted by: To do or not to do | 2004/10/27

Experts - Not answering

Has anyone else noticed that the vets have not answered any questions since 20 October?

Yep, Cybervet has noticed, but as you see we are back on line.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

2
Posted by: Chill | 2004/10/27

And here's my tuppence-worth: all the experts have day jobs, they do not get paid for doing this, and so they have to fit it in between other things. Let's be reasonable... they're doing us all a HUGE favour by making themselves available for free.

While on the subject: if you read this site regularly you will see the same questions being asked again and again - if you use the Search facility sensibly, you can often find answers to previous queries which will resolve your problems.

And (once again!!) I agree with Carol - I'm still waiting for someone to actually write in and say 'my dog is bleeding to death, should I take it to the vet?' I know that not everyone can afford to be consulting a vet all the time, but frankly, having a pet is a responsibility, and if there is a health issue involved, then I believe it's one's DUTY to take it seriously and get it seen to.

So, be patient!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2004/10/27

Dont let it bother u too much between Acineth , chill , davina and myself we are able to helpa lot I think , it bothers me tho that with serious medical problems some people get stuck .. but then again if its so bad they should be atking their pets to the vet.

Reply to Carol