Question
Posted by: mamma's boy | 2007/03/26

@expert - coming out books

Hi, I've decided to come out this easter.

I need help in terms of getting the right book/s for my parents.
I've been told that it's a good idea to have some reading material ready for parents who have just learned that a child is gay. I would appreciate the titles, and where I can buy the books, in Cape town.
Thank you!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hello to you Mamma's Boy, a warm welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. And congrats on deciding you're ready to come out to your folks.

Triangle Project - in Cape Town, take a look at our website by following the link, above - has produced a booklet specifically for parents of a gay child. Please call us on 021 4483812 and request that we post a free copy to you, or make a point of visiting us to collect a copy. You might also find a book for them in the Gay & Lesbian Library, housed is our premises. Again, call us on 021 4483812 for details and directions.

1
Posted by: Deeve | 2007/03/27

Hey Mamma's Boy,
Not sure of any books, but you could also print some of the articles from the 'series of articles' above. There are some very good ones there.
Best of luck...and hope all goes well

Reply to Deeve