Question
Posted by: sue | 2008/06/19

exhaustion

hi there
i am 30 going on to 31 yrs this year... i have a 6 yr old daughter and planning to have another child, however i am 90% tired all the time, i dnt eat healthy cause i dnt have the time to cook healthy foods its work back home tidying up the house seeing to my child no time for excercise either... i wake up at 6h00 every morning cause i am too tired to wake up earlier please advise me urgently as this is really getting to me

Dear Sue
I feel for you and can understand that you are constantly exhausted. Now BEFORE you can even think of having another child (which will add even more stress, etc to your situation), you need to do the following: 1) Have a medical examination to exclude conditions such as anaemia (due to iron or vit B12 deficiency), other deficiencies because of your poor diet, underactive thyroid, 'yuppie 'flu', depression, etc - all these conditions can make you feel exhausted and will have to be treated before you fall pregnant again. 2) Organise your life so that you can eat a balanced diet and get sufficient rest (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and surf the Diet site to read up about balanced eating - ask other people to assist you (your hubby, family, neighbours, etc). When you have sorted out your own life, diet and health then you can think of falling pregnant again.
Hang in there