Question
Posted by: Ken | 2004/02/13

Exercises for high arches and plantar fascitis

Are there any exercises that I can do that will improve my high arches? This is inherited. My father and my sister both have high arches and have had special inner soles made by a podiatrist.

Exercising too hard gives me plantar fascitis. I want to move up from walking (I do 20 minutes at 10 minutes/km on a treadmill 3 times a week) to running but I don't want to injure my feet.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Ken

The trick here is to be stretching both muscle groups in your calves - the results will be astounding! Get someone at your gym to show you - you should feel relief straight away or the stretch is not right.

Douglas