Question
Posted by: love78 | 2008/06/10

exercise tools

I currently have a tredmill, an exercise ball, and a set of changeable weights. I want to get a couple more tools to help boost my workout and add more variaty. Im thinking I want to get a medicine ball(pry 5 or 8 lbs), that round plank you balance on where the bottem half is like an exercise ball, and those large resistance bands to do standing ab twist type moves and other exercises(Im not sure what) (I hope my descriptions make sense) Any suggestions for other versitile tools, are these ideas good, and if there is anything I should know.(ie:what size bands should I get? I am 5'4" and 118lbs. One exercise I wnat to do would be like one I used to do when I was in the gym with a machine. Attach the band around a pole, stand, arms extended straight out and you you your abs/sides to twist away from the pole...make sense?) ANYHOW, I get bored very easily, and want quick boosting results. My main focus is core and upper leg(inner and outer thigh).Thanks

I think that if you got these three things, you'd have a pretty close to complete set - you pretty much have everything you would find in any gym, so there's not much I can think of, off hand that would any any major value to your training. In terms of the length of the theraband, a meter is more than enough - just make sure you have enough room to tie it around something to do the exercises you want to do. The key is not so much the size, but the resistance - I can't quite recall if they come in different resistances, but you need one that is fairly stiff if you're going to get any value out if it for ab type exercise.

Other than this, just remember that all these things are just tools, and how you use them is the key to successful training, not what they are. So you need to look at a programme, which is probably more important than all the tools in the world! If you have a goal, and a training programme, so that you can plan ahead and not think too reactively, then you'll be good to go!