Question
Posted by: Missy | 2007/04/05

Exercise machines help

i want to tone up my hips, buttocks, thighs, waist + lovehandles area. i am looking to invest in a home workout machine. there are so mnay on the market. in your opinion, which would you recommend for these problem areas?

Hi Missy

I'm not 100% sure what the industry offers, to be honest with you. I've never really gone looking into this type of thing, so it's a bit of a guess and I can't give you product names and descriptions, unfortunately. So my advice is that you need to get into a store and actually look and use the machines to get a feel for what you will be able to make the best use of. It is very important that it's a credible machine though - I would avoid these fad machines that claim to do miracles but have little basis for working. I believe you would be better off buying something that looks as though it belongs ina gym - in otherwords, either free weights or a machine that has weights on it, so that you can use what is known to work. The second critical component is to ensure that there is an after-service plan that will allow you to send the machine in and have it looked at without having to trade it for a new one!!! Many times, you find that these things will take about 3 weeks to repair and that's not good enough, so you need to find a company that will guarantee a replacement or a speedy service should it be needed.

1
Posted by: Missy | 2007/04/10

Thanks for the info,
The reason i ask is that i don't beling to a gym and wanted to tone up my abdomen. do you have any exercises that target that area?

Thanks stax!!

Reply to Missy