Question
Posted by: Zany | 2007/07/17

Exercise-erratic heartbeat

When doing exercise I notice that my heart-rate on the machine does not register until I've exercised for at least 6mins. If I then watch this I see it starts jumping around from 155 to 82 to 55 within 3 mins of each other, yet I'm still working out at the same rate and energy level.
I find this a bit disconcerting and whilst exercising try different machines just to see what happens but always the same results, I feels fine sometimes get a bit hot, but do not sweat excessively or find out of breath.
When I run or go hiking the first 1.5km is hell, no matter how fit I may be and then I seem to settle down and the breathing becomes more regulated.
However the whole time during the run or walk I constantly have the need to blow my nose.
Any comments or reasons for this would be of interest and should I be concerned?

Dear Zany
Anyone who suffers from irregular heartbeats, should have a medical checkup to determine if this is a serious condition or not (e.g. tachycardia, arrhythmia, thyroid problems, etc). Please see a medical dr ASAP for a diagnosis as it would be dangerous to exercise intensively if you do have a heart condition.

1
Posted by: zany | 2007/07/18

Thanks for the feedback will do. Strange nothing came up when I had a full blown one about 1 1/5yrs ago but then one tnever knows

Reply to zany