Question
Posted by: Dude | 2003/12/04

Exercise bike

Conrad, I bought myself a Trojan Synergy exercise bike last week.

At the gym I was measured as having 18% body fat.
My bike, however measures me as having something like 29% body fat and a BMI of 27. What am I missing?

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Dude,

It has to do with the electronics involved. I have and will always say the the best measurements are the manual measurements done by a Biokineticist. It is the most accurate method. Ask your doctor to refer you to one or let me know in which area you stay and I will see if I can refer you to one in your area.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

2
Posted by: audrey | 2003/12/09

For a BMI of 27 you're classified slightly overweight, which means 27% body fat is most likely. But this is not nessesary the case because the BMI model only looks at weight (mass) vs height. If your weight is mainly from muscle then you're could also likely to have 18% body fat. The 2 % figures are too far apart, so I suggest you guess the correct one from what the morror looks like.

Reply to audrey
Posted by: Jaxangel | 2003/12/04

To whom it may concern,

I am a sport nutritionalist. if you have any questions regarding body fat, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards
Jacqueline Engelbrecht

Reply to Jaxangel