Question
Posted by: KIM | 2006/07/17

Exercise Ball

Morning Douglas

I went onto a website to get exercises for the Exercise Ball. Its to strengthen your Core muscles. I had a operation about a year and a half back. Had a kidney operation. I've done the exercises for three nights already. The problem is I've got pain just under the cut(that is on my left side of my ribcage) and deep inside where the kidney used to be. The muscles underneath the cut is quite hard and tender. Is that normal? Do you think if I go on with the exercises, it will go away? I also do karate and never had this problem with the exercises we do there.

Thanks for your time...

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Kim

Slow down a bit with the core work - which I confess to not being a believer in - to me your core is your butt! Without it functioing 100% everything else is a waste of time.

Douglas