Question
Posted by: JUST ASKING | 2004/11/02

EXERCISE AND WEIGHT LOSS

I'm female, 36 yrs old, weight 130kg's. Lost 30kg so far with Weigh-less. I go to gym every day, doing cardio for 40 min and "toning circuit" 3 times a week, as well as "water aerobics twice a week. What is the toning cct and does this really add value to my training. I would like to lose weight and build muscle to reduce sagging skin and flab after my weight loss. Any suggestions?

The toning circuit is a specially set aside section of the gym where they have laid out a series of weight training exercises that you do in a specific order. You will see a set of lights that 'instructs' you when to move on, because the idea is that you spend 30 seconds per activity (say, leg extensions, or situps), then move on to the next activity. But, what they often have encourage you to do is to do cardio in between each activity, so that you spend some time on a weight training machine, then do 30 seconds of cardio, then another 30 seconds weights and so on. The idea is to combine the weight training and the cardio, which I guess is a good idea, but you can get it from doing cardio on one day and weight training the next. I think that the regular cardio is great for you and you must keep it up. I would also suggest adding in the toning, but the cardio should at this stage still take preference.