Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2004/11/18

EXERCISE AND EATING PLAN

Diet Doc,

I have just joined the gym and had one of the fitness assistants work out an exercise plan. I have also started eating correctly, but according to a friend of mine, this is not so.
My daily diets consists of the following (note all products are slimmers choice from Woolworths)
Morning: Special K with Skim Milk, yoghurt and a fruit
Snack: Fruit salad
Lunch: Chicken / Tuna with salad
Snack: Fruit
Supper: Fish / Chicken (always grilled / baked) with veggies and / or salads
Snack: Fruit
When feeling peckish I tend to go over the 4-5 fruits required a day. i love fruit so I have between 6 - 8 fruits a day, this is all in conjunction with 8 glasses of water. I dont like bread and take 1 sweetener in my coffee / tea (I have 2 cups a day).
Is this eating plan in conjunction with my exercise plan a sure way to lose weight?

Dear Zoe
Your eating plan seems perfectly adequate, except that I would include another 2 cups of fat-free yoghurt, cottage cheese or milk a day to ensure that you don't develop a calcium deficiency. Don't overdo the fruit as any food can cause weight gain if eaten in excess. I think you are drinking too much water. Excess water intake can wash important minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium and even sodium out of your body and cause an electrolyte imbalance. Don't have more than 3-4 cups of water a day in addition to your normal liquid intake.
Good luck with the slimming

1
Posted by: fioooooooooooooooo | 2004/11/18

GOOD EATING AND TRAINING

Reply to fioooooooooooooooo