Question
Posted by: CC | 2004/10/22

Exercise and Depression

I have been diagnosed with Post Natal Depression and I am struggling to get out of it a few people have told me to exercise will this help ?

HI CC

I think it will be a great thing for you! I think that what will really help you is to find some friends or family who you can exercise with. The thing about exercise is that it is often quite hard to start with, and finding motivation is difficult, but once you start, it's great. That's where friends can come in and you can support one another in your exercise programmes. As for what you should do, I would suggest you check out the following site:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Getting_started/16-474-488,24069.asp

Here you will see a number of options for training programmes. My advice would be to choose the Shape up for Summer programme (the first or second one) and then go for that.