Question

Exercise after two miscarriages

I have had two miscarriages in the past year (have a son of three as well), the last one was only little more than six weeks ago. I found out that I'm pregnant again on Monday & I'm almost still too shocked to believe it!

I would like to know if I can continue with my exercise routine or should I wait until the first trimester is over (if I even get that far)? I go to gym 7 times a week & do only cardio work-outs (I use the eliptical walker with work-outs varying from 20-60 minutes)

Dear Anon
If your risk of miscarriage is high, you should avoid streneous exercise. You can do non-impact type exercise like walking at a moderate pace or doing the circuit with light weights, however avoid stomach or back exercises. Just confirm with your gynecologist too.