Question
Posted by: KW | 2007/08/02

Exercise

Hi. I had my jaw wired recently and am really pleased with the results. In the past 10 days I've lost 4 kgs. I'm eating healthily and am doing this in conjunction with a dietician and my GP. But I'm really struggling to find time to exercise - I walk the dogs but find it difficult in winter with the dark. So I realise this is probably best to find something indoors (joined a gym but am too embarrassed to go - also very time consuming).
In your opinion, what is best - a skipping rope or a trampoline?

Dear KW
Congratulations on losing those 4 kg in 10 days and that you are losing your weight with a sensible regimen under the supervision of a dr and a dietitian. As to exercise, the important factors are: a) the exercise should be aerobic like brisk walking, jogging, skipping, swimming (heated pool at the moment), cycling, spinning, aerobic dancing, etc. Of the two options you mention the skipping will probably burn more energy than jumping on a trampoline. b) you need to do the exercise every day for 30 min or more.
So start skipping ASAP and increase how fast you skip as you lose more weight and get fitter.
Wishing you the best of success with this regimen