Question
Posted by: Zee | 2004/10/28

EXERCISE

I will be starting an eating plan and would like to do this in conjunction with an exercise program. Unfortunately I am not able to afford the gym.

Is there anything that I can do at home that will assist in not only losing fat but also gaining and toning muscle. I would like to lose at least 15kgs in 10 weeks with the correct eating and exercise. Am I being unrealistic?

Hi Zee

It's great that you are combining the two, I hope that it works for you.

What I can suggest as far as an exercise plan goes is the following website:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Getting_started/16-474-488,24069.asp

Here you will see a number of options for training programmes. My advice would be to choose the Shape up for Summer programme (the first or second one) and then go for that.

As for the goal, it depends completely on your current weight. I must be honest and say that I do believe that you are being unrealistic. 15 kg is a lot over a year, never mind 10 weeks, and I think that you will only disappoint yourself if you aim for this. I really think that you need to aim to 1) improve your fitness, and 2) to improve your appearance, because don't forget that you might develop some muscle from the training and so the scale is not necessarily the best indicator of success.

Lastly, just be patient. It may be possible, but only if you are patient, you are eating very well (just a note, I'm not sure what diet plan you are on, but I really would advise that it is drawn up by a qualified person and is not a starvation or fad diet) and training consistently.

1
Posted by: Ziii | 2004/10/28

U can. Just do "jogging" as ur exercise for 1 hr, for 4weeks.

Reply to Ziii