Posted by: Family | 2011/01/30


Not sure if you can assist with info. I am in the process of applying for an exemption of school fees and the documents that need to be supplied are a little over the top. The school wants " certified"  copies of all documents including. Latest tax return, a letter from SARS confirming my tax number, a letter from the dept of labour confirming my last contributions, letter from social services confirming status of disability and amount of disability grant etc. etc. etc.

I am able to supply almost all the information they require however it is all available from downloads from SARS website and internet banking etc. etc. however to obtain a letter from dept of labour etc is going to be pretty inconvenient and hard as I do not have transport to drive to sars and and and.

Can the school insist on me getting all these particulars as I don''t particularly have the funds to get original bank statements printed as these cost money, petrol to get to SARS offices, petrol to get to dept of labour wherever that may be, petrol to get to dept of social welfare.

Family Matter

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Exemptions

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/02/03

re: Exemptions

Reply to Labour Lawyer

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.