Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2008/06/12

excruciating pain in right side

My 12 year old boy sometimes gets a pain in his lower right side, which is so bad that he can't walk and has to go sit down. it is so bad that he goes pale. This has been going on for about 3 months with no regular occurance - like he explained it to me it normally happens when he's moving around. what can be the reason for this? He didn't loose any weight or lost his appetite.

Hi Theresa
Please take him to a doctor - this could be due to kidney stones and he may need to have a sonar of the kidney on that side and a urine test.