Question
Posted by: Lala | 2007/05/24

Excessive Vomiting during Pregnancy

I am a 24 yrs old lady and I am in my early months of pregnancy.I have been experiencing an excessive vomiting and is alsmost 1 month and three weeks now.I cannot swallow anyhing as I feel like i have have this thick thing on my chest and I suspect that,that particular thing is the one that causes this whole thing.The only thing I do is drink water.I am worried about the foetus as this might affect it.What can I do please help!

It won't affect the fetus but you could become dehydrated. See `your doctor. You may need medication.

2
Posted by: TC | 2007/05/24

Had the same with my 1st pregnancy. I was always in front of the toilet on my knees. It lasted 9 months. Gynae prescribed some medication that did not work. The best sollution is to eat 1 pro-vita and wait untill the nausia is over, eat another one ect. This will help you to keep them in. It also helps to take a bit of marmite with the provita. Try and monitor wat you eat as some foods might make you more nausious than other. Try and avoid milk, yogurt ect and try eating little pieces of boiled chicken with no spices. Also stay away from rich foods. Good luck. It gets better.

Reply to TC
Posted by: Lin | 2007/05/24

I was admitte 3 times during my pregnancy to hospital for excessive vomiting. I dehydrated all 3 times. My gynae prescribed Emex liquid and Vomifene tablets. Put the Emex in the Fridge. It goes down better when it's cold. Try some ginger biscuits and salticracs. Also chicken cup o soup (just the liquid). Good Luck and hope you feel better soon!

Reply to Lin