Question
Posted by: Sheryl | 2003/01/08

excessive underarm perspiration - please help!

Hello
I need your urgent help and expertise. I have a 13yr old daughter who has an odour problem. We have tried everything including Driclor, Crystal, Mitchem, Mens deo., etc. I'm prepared to try anything as this most embarrasing.
Thanx

Sheryl, she might suffer from hyperhidrosis or bromhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is excessive perspiration due to overactivity of the sweat glands. Bromhidrosis is a condition in which there is a fetid odour of the skin caused by decomposition of the sweat and cellular debris by bacteria and yeasts. The best person to see about this would be a surgeon. Good luck.
PS. If you mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you some info on hyperhidrosis.

1
Posted by: Silvi | 2003/01/08

I found my son of 10 had the same problem when he took him adderall. Now if he drinks plenty of water through the day it isn't as bad. Does you daughter drink enough of water in a day? Is there a certin medicine she is taking that could cause it.

Also the other thing was we were using dryer sheets and I went back to downy and that seemed to really help. There are not to many times he has the oder except if he plays basketball and doesn't take a shower until the next day. Then I can smell it.

Hum. While writing this I seem to really think it has something to do with the fabric sheet vs downy.

Silvi

Reply to Silvi