Question
Posted by: sanni | 2007/05/09

excessive sweeting

I sweet a lot, how do i control this.

Hi Sanni

I suspect you are probably exercising indoors? If that is the case, then your sweating is the result of a failure of the sweat to evaporate because there is no wind on you. If you had a fan, you would sweat less. Also, it would SEEM like you sweat a lot less, because that sweat would evaporate, whereas now, it's just dripping off, because wind movement is needed to help the sweat evaporate. So I suspect it's more a case of your environment than you. It's not a problem though, it's just unpleasant perhaps. If you can get in front of a fan, it will help. Look also at your clothing, how breathable it is, because that can make a difference. In my experience, if I run in cotton, it can be very unpleasant, because it doesn't breathe very well.

1
Posted by: me to | 2007/05/11

i also sweat a lot when doing exercises - very embarrasing - but my spin instructor assures us that it's GOOD to sweat, to get rid of toxins in our bodies...
i haven't been able to control it - you just have to live with it! it's a natural part of life...
and they say the fitter you are - the more you sweat ! so consider yourself FIT !
hopefully fitnessdoc can add to this...

Reply to me to