Question
Posted by: Perspi | 2008/06/12

Excessive Sweating

I have discovered that I have a condition known as hyperhydrosis because I perspire heavily all the time. I am 19 years old, lean, live a healthy life and follow a healthy balanced diet. I also drink a multivitamin with fish oil evry single day. Recently I found info on the internet that suggested I take calcium, magnesium, vit B3,6 and 12 and sage drops. This hasn't helped me at all and my situation is VERY embarrassing. Could this perhaps be a psychological problem or is there anything else I can do. I recently also started breaking out in a rash each time I get goose flesh end each nerve-ending hurts like pin pricks. Could this be related to the sweating problem? Please help me!

Dear Perspi
This is normally a physical problem and not purely psychological. You can try using Probanthine tablets, Perspirex/Driclor. If nothing else helps, one can go for a sympathectomy operation where they block the nerve centre ( ganglion) that causes the sweating. A neurosurgeon would be the right person to see. The rash and pain does not have relation to the sweating problem. YOu should maybe see a dermatologist about this.