Question
Posted by: Estelle | 2003/03/20

EXCESSIVE SWEATING

I sweat quite excessively from my head - just at the slightest exertion, also in pubic area and lower back. Trickles of sweat run down the middle back.
Underarm sweating not bad at all.
Please give some suggestions. I find this embarassing.

Estelle, the best would be to find out if there is an underlying reason for this by having blood tests done for thyroid functions, diabetes, anaemia and maybe liver and kidney functions. You will also have to go for a good physical examination, but let me tell you right from the start that we often find nothing wrong. Treating sweating in other places is a lot easier than in the face. Attempts to surgically rectify the problem will often cause paralysis of the face and the same goes for Botox® injections. Good luck.