Question
Posted by: sweater | 2003/02/27

Excessive sweat

I think I have a problem. I sweat a lot more than normal. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Sweater, assuming that you’re not overweight, don’t suffer from a thyroid problem, adhere to the accepted hygiene regimens and that you’re in good general health, you might suffer hyperhidrosis. This is basically excessive perspiration due to over activity of the sweat glands. It usually occurs in otherwise healthy persons and is confined to the palms, soles, axillae, inframammary regions, or groin. If you’re interested you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you some more info on it. Good luck.

1
Posted by: sweater | 2003/03/02

I also sweat a lot,I am overweight,female,47 yrs old,my problem started when I was young and not overweight,other than this,I am very healthy.I have heard that there is an operation that can be done by doctors to cure this problem.Please advise.
Thank you.

Reply to sweater