Question
Posted by: Blue eyes | 2003/02/05

Excessive sweat

I sweat excessively but just under my arms, i sweat rings under my arms and it shows on my clothing. It is very embarassing. I know about the operation where they cut away the sweat glands but I don't have a medical aid and I believe that it is a very expensive operation and can only be done by a surgeon. Is there any thing else I can do? No deoderants help, I've tried everything on the market. Can it be hormone related? I am 23.

Blue eyes, you might suffer from hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is excessive perspiration due to over-activity of the sweat glands. The best person to see about this would be a surgeon or a dermatologist. The surgeons don’t remove the glands, but rather cut the nerve that supplies them. Good luck.
PS. If you mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you some info on hyperhidrosis.

1
Posted by: Blue eyes | 2003/02/10

I have found a solution to my problem and would like to share it with anyone who has the same problem as me. There is a product on the market called Driclor, it comes in the form of a roll on and costs R80. You use it only at night and in the morning you wash it off and use your regular deoderant. I have only used it 3 times since i bought it and believe it or not, for the first time, I am dry under my arms!!

Reply to Blue eyes