Question
Posted by: sam | 2008/01/30

excessive head sweating

I am in my late 40's. For the past 10 years i have been sweating more than normal on my head. i saw a tv program talking about the cortex/ depression and that an imbalance can cause this. Is there anything i can do.

Ps. i have seen several docs on issue of excessive sweating but had no improvement.

Dear Sam
Excessive sweating is often caused by an overactive sympathetic nervous system and is also called hyperhidrosis. Another cause could be menopause. If your FSH ( a female hormone) is high, it can be a sign that you are in menopause and that this is caused by hot flushes. Dixarit or Menograine may help.
If you are not in Menopause - you can try something like Probanthine tablets.
dr Bets

4
Posted by: Pine | 2009/01/08

Hi Doc,
I am a 52 old male and live in Cape Town. All my life i have sweat excessively on my head. This has caused a lot of embarrassing moments :-(. I have recently learnt that this can be cured either with botox or surgically removal of glands. Can you recommend anyone in Cape Town that I can consult?

Pine Pienaar

Reply to Pine
Posted by: Odie | 2008/12/01

Please could someone explain to me what Menograine is used for?

Odette

Reply to Odie
Posted by: Mando Jorge | 2008/04/04

I'm a 25 year old male. I sweat excessively from my head at any time of the day. If I do get irritated it gets worse.

But otherwise my head is always wet. I do suffer from epilepsy but it has been under control for almost two years, could this be a reason.

What must I do?

I really need help as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time!

Reply to Mando Jorge
Posted by: noisy tummy | 2008/01/31

what causes a noisy tummy

Reply to noisy tummy