Posted by: John | 2003/03/13

Excessive hair problem

I have excessive hair on my back (which is a problem for me). Can this be treated for a male & resolved permanently the same way as for a female through hormonal therapy (prescription)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Hormone treatment for decreasing hair would not apply to males as it would to females. In females it is due to an excess of the male hormone, testosterone. In males, high levels of testosterone are normal. Treatments to reduce testosterone would result in other side effects.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: John | 2003/03/27

Are their any sort of hormonal treatment or other kind of tablets for MEN to reduce or remove all
unwanted body hair permanently especially on my back ?

Reply to John
Posted by: Eve | 2003/03/17

I have a similar problem; as well as reduced breast size. What type of hormone treatment would be advisable?

Reply to Eve
Posted by: howcome | 2003/03/17

hi- i am a women and i have an excessive hair problem- i have hairs on my nipples, tummy and even some horrible facial hair- it all started when i went thru puberty- is there any chance that this can be corrected with tablets- if so what type of hormone treatment and what is the name of the pills

Reply to howcome

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.