Question
Posted by: Bul | 2002/12/17

Excessive burping

hi there

i was on a course of antibiotics for about 2months (prescribed by the dermatologist) and since then i've been breaking winds excessively. i stopped the antibiotics about 2months ago and it subsided for about 2weeks but it has re-occured and it's quite annoying. is there anything i can do to control this?

Bul, it might be that the antibiotics have upset the make up of your intestinal flora. You can try taking natural yoghurt or something like Inteflora® or Intestiflora®. I wrote an article on flatulence and if you’re interested in a copy you can mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.