Question
Posted by: Navin | 2003/03/21

Excessive body heat :-(

Dear Doc,

I am 24 yrs old male.

I have a strange problem which the doctors are not able to comprehend properly. I have excessive body heat. I sleep only for about 4-5 hrs a day. through out the day i feel my body is pretty hot and I feel very tired. Even if I sleep more (7 hrs) on a day, the body heat doesnt go off. One of the doctors adviced to drink lots of water, but thas of little use.

Due to this body heat, I develop lots of zits and acne like spots on my back and face. I also have dandruff. My skin is verrry oily. I feel all these complications are a result of body heat.

I would be extremly grateful if you could suggest me how to get rid of excessive body heat and get back to normal life with good skin etc. please advice on any regimen I should adopt or avoid.

Navin

Dear Navin
To treat your acne you need to consult a Dermatologist because acne is due to hormonal factors and not diet. The Dermatologist will also be able to treat your dandruff. Please mention this problem with feeling hot to the Dermatologist or consult a specialist physician as this could be an indication of an overactive thyroid. Eat a balanced diet (click on 'Diet' and 'View old Diet & Food site' and read the articles on 'Balanced Diet I-IV'), and take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement like Centrum or Supradyn for about 2 months.
I do hope that the specialists can diagnose the cause of your excess body heat.

1
Posted by: jakes | 2003/03/24

I cant do anything without sweating like crazy. it cant be that i`m overweight because i weigh 95kg at this moment with not a lot of fat just a stomache but also not to big. But i had the same problem 3years ago when i weighed 69kg so i dont think its the weight .So what can it be and what can i do to better the situation?

Reply to jakes