Question
Posted by: MIzz G | 2005/11/25

Excess Weight during Pre/Menstrual cycles...

I would like to know on average ( approximately) how much of weight can a woman gain during her menstrual cycle. Is it true that we retain water and if so why does this happen.

Mizz G

On average women can gain 2kg, though it has been known to gain up to 5kg premenstrually. The water retention is hormonal.

1
Posted by: piglet | 2005/11/25

Mizz G

I can gain anything betwen 2kg and 5kg just before my period I get terribly sore boobs my fingers swell and so do my feet my boobs feel 2twice the size and I have to lie on my stomach in a bath of hot water to help relieve them but as soon as I start my period Iseem to lose a little bit of water then the day after I finish I am back to my normal weight I am finding it difficult to lose weight though since being on the pill Minerva.

Reply to piglet