Question
Posted by: Emma | 2008/01/25

excersise.....

Hi doc,

I am a diaplygic (sp) cerebral palsy. When I was young I was active and quite fit. Now I am in my 50's I work all day 8 till 5. I really would like some advice on how to excersie. I feel so tired when I get home and I don't know what kind of excerise to do. I know swimming is good, but I have been to a gym and found I cannot get out of the pool by myself. I live alone and there need to excerise alone..... Also being in a public pool does not apeal to me.

thanks.

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Dear Emma

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you visit United Cerebral Palsy website at http://www.ucp.org/ucp_channeldoc.cfm/1/15/15/15-15/644. They give in dept information about exercise for people with cerebral palsy, which include arm cycling, swimming, walking, dancing, yoga and tai chi.

Kind regards