Question
Posted by: diana | 2003/03/28

Excersies to slim the hips

I just wanted to find out what exercises I can do to trim the hips. I have been on a weight management program for the past two years and my diet is good. Though I still have a pear-shaped body. I lose weight first on my upper body. Are there any exercises that I can do that will help with getting my hips and thighs slimmer? I currenly enjoy going for katabox sessions and yoga and also attend body conditioning classes.

Thanx in advance

Hi Diana

How we store our fat is partially genetically determined - so many women are pear-shaped and struggle to lose fat in the areas you have mentioned.
However, I suggest you log onto www.health24.co.za and join the free gym-based interactive exercise programme called "War ON Wobbles". There you will get all the info you need as well as weekly monitoring. If you prefer a home-based programme, then log onto the same site but go into the fitness section and you'll find "Shape up for Summer". There are many different cardiovascular options with great goals from which to choose, as well as a range of resistance exercises you can do from home.

Needless to say, you will find many examples of exercises for hips and thighs for you to try out as well, however, it's also important to do the cardiovascular exercise to assist with fat-burning.

Keep up the effort.