Question
Posted by: Hansa | 2004/12/13

Excersie that will make me lose weight on the hip

I just wanted to know the best excersie that willl make me lose weight on my hip .Anybody please help

Hi Hansa

Any exercise that causes overall fat burning and loss will work. Unfortunately, it's not like you can do 'hip exercises' to accelerate your results in this area. If only it were that simple. But, sadly, the body does not work in this way, and so you have to rather just go for fat loss everywhere, and the hips will be part of this. So, the bottom line is that cardiovascular-type activities are preferential for weight loss. These include activities such as walking, jogging, cycling, aerobics, swimming etc. It is important to exercise between 4 and 5 times a week, for a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes each session. It is also ideal to work at a moderate to hard intensity, but for a longer duration. You should aim to do these sessions at an intensity that allows you to complete the session without feeling completely exhausted, but having worked up a good sweat and feeling that your breathing and metabolic rate are elevated. A moderate intensity is certainly the way to go - if you train too easily, nothing will happen, and if you train too hard, then you soon become tired and burned out. So, aim for an intensity that will allow you to finish a session and recover by the next one. If you feel like you are carrying a whole week's worth of training in your body, then you are traininig too hard. Other than intensity, the rest is easy - you just have to go out and get those sessions in. Of course, if you are just starting out, then I would suggest starting off by training every other day, and possibly for only 20 minutes. THen you should aim to build up gradually until you reach the 30 to 45 minutes, 4 or 5 times a week mark.