Question
Posted by: Chantz | 2008/07/22

Excersice for & #39 petite people.& #39 

I am ashtmatic. I want to get fit a bit to strenthen my lungs. The thing is that I am a petite person. I am 1,67m tall and weigh 49kg. I know it sounds skinny but my doctor is not at all concerned as I have a very small frame. I want to do exercise but I don' t want to loose more weight. I also don' t want to build too much muscle. I still want to be feminine. In the past, I would really look so skinny when I exercise and I would also loose my breast size.
Any idea on what kind of exercise I could do?

HI Chantz

Remember that your weight is a function of your energy output (exercise) and your energy intake (diet), and so if you started exercise and did not change your diet, then you would expect to lose some weight. However, if you simply adjust for the increased energy output by eating a little more (which your body will tell you to do anyway), then you won't lose weight.

So my advice is focus on diet, rather than exercise. The exercise you do for fitness is cardio training - things like walking, running, cycling, etc. I'd say the best is to check out the Fitness page of this site and click on "programmes" and you'll find a range of options. Any one of them will do. That's the easy part. The trick, as I've said, is to get the diet right, and for that, you might wish to consider seeing a dietician.

Good luck!
Ross