Question
Posted by: KARIEN | 2007/05/14

EXCERCISE CHOLESTEROL

I AM 51 AND HAVE CHOLESTEROL WHICH I AM MANAGING BY DIET. I KNOW THAT EXCERCISE IS MANDATORY FOR FIGHTING CHOLESTEROL AND WANT TO START YOGA. WILL THIS BE ENOUGH OR WOULD I STILL HAVE TO DO REGULAR CARDIO ETC. THANKS

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Karien - I would suggest that you try a more vigorous style of yoga, bearing in mind that there are literally hundreds of approaches. This would negate the need for other cardio work but you would still get all of the breath and stress reduction benefits that will also aid in your management of cholesterol. Additionally you are likely to find that an increase in awareness that permeates into the rest of your life, influencing things like diet, mental, physical and emotional response. It is important to take your time establishing a practise though - not trying to go too quickly initially so that you develop increased flexibility, strength and endurance gradually.
All the best.
Chris