Question
Posted by: LINDI | 2007/05/16

EXCERCISE

EK WAS NOG NOOIT EINTLIK BAIE OORGWIG NIE MAAR NOU IS EK BAIE OORGEWIG. EK IS GEDIAGNOSEER MET BARLOW SINDROOM EN HET 'N MANTELVLIES BREEK. EK WIL GRAAG OEFEN MAAR MY HARTKLOP GAAN BUITENGEWOON HOOG AS EK OEFEN PLUS MINUS 180. EK WIL WEET WATTER OEFENINGE KAN EK DOEN OM MY MAAG EN BO BENE MAARDER TE MAAK
EK IS 26 EN HET 2 KINDERS

Hi Lindi

I know you have Barlow syndrome, so of course you should be cautious about heart rate, but 180 beats per minute is not necessarily too high for the heart rate, I'm not sure why you think this? If you have medical reasons to avoid this, then it's fine, because in some people Barlow syndrome does not cause any side effects - you could exercise normally. If you do have symptoms, like chest pain, then of course you would have to avoid it.

But the key here is why you gained weight in the first place? Obviously, if you had never been overweight, then something has to have changed in the last few years, in order for you to have gained weight. And that will either be with your exercise or your diet. And diet is really key, that's the first place you need to look in order to lose weight - make a plan to see a dietician and get some sort of eating plan. that will go a long way towards weight loss, and after this you can begin looking at exercise. But I'm quite sure that diet is a key component and can do most of what you are looking for.