Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2003/03/07

Excema

Dear Doc

My daughter has been suffering from Excema since she was a baby. She is now 22 and she still has excema. She has been using Betnovate Ointment. Her skin is very bad at the moment, don't know whether it is the heat. Could you please tell me whether there is anything else she could use? It is very itchy and sore. Are there any vitamines that she could take to help control the excema?
Please help!

Tanya, if it is eczema, she can try a stronger cream like Elocon® or use cortisone tablets. There is of course always the possibility that it isn’t eczema, so if it doesn’t clear up with the above, the best would be for her to get a second opinion from a dermatologist. Good luck.