Question
Posted by: MOE | 2012/04/21

EXCAUSTED

hi everyone. i need help please as so many things in my life is going wrong. my youngest child is challenging me in every way possible. calling me names being so spitefull as possible. she even tried to hit me today but i pushed her on the floor and told her straight that i will give her a hiding is she tries this. i had her with pshycologist did not help. phoned police to scare her nd did not help. elder one has boyfriend issues i just do not even gonna go into. stepfather has moved out as he cant take the way the treat me. today got call from dad he said he is now in position to take care of them as he has found his feet overseas and can fully take them off my hands. BUT STILL I FEEL LIKE A DOG THROWING AWAY HER PUPS. young one now sitting playing game as if nothings wrong. elder one crying so hard but as if to make me feel bad.

OK, primarily you're describing significant discipline problems with the child. Hidings don't help, and simply teach her that its right to use physical force and hurt others, but only the strongest person gets to do that.
Maybe you saw the wrong psychologist - any competent child psychologist wshould be well able to deal with such bread and butter issues, and help you to plan a simple program to introduce proper discipline into the family.
Teenage girls tend to enormously over-value their early crushes on boys, and over-dramatise their gigantic grief when they break up.
The yshcologist should be able, after assessing the children, to have a session or two with you to plan how you can learn to handle these situations and feel more confident about doing so.

1