Posted by: Me | 2004/10/23


Hi Doc.

I don't know if you can remember, but I posted you a question a few days ago about the urologist visit.

I am going on Tuesday and I just want to know if I can request to do a certain examination procedure, like inspection of the bladder pipe with local anaesthetic, to be done under general anaesthetic? Can the urologist perhaps do it that way if I make clear that I am sensitive and scared.

Thank you once again!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

having an anaesthetic is not a minor thing and there are always risks associated with general anaesthetic. So they will definitely not offer you this unless a procedure requires it.

Your best bet is to just be honest with the urologist that you are really nervous, and worried about the procedure. If they know they can take this into account.

Best wishes and hope all goes well on Tuesday

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.