Question
Posted by: Me | 2004/10/23

Examination

Hi Doc.

I don't know if you can remember, but I posted you a question a few days ago about the urologist visit.

I am going on Tuesday and I just want to know if I can request to do a certain examination procedure, like inspection of the bladder pipe with local anaesthetic, to be done under general anaesthetic? Can the urologist perhaps do it that way if I make clear that I am sensitive and scared.

Thank you once again!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

having an anaesthetic is not a minor thing and there are always risks associated with general anaesthetic. So they will definitely not offer you this unless a procedure requires it.

Your best bet is to just be honest with the urologist that you are really nervous, and worried about the procedure. If they know they can take this into account.

Best wishes and hope all goes well on Tuesday