Question
Posted by: megan | 2007/05/25

ex's

I recently received an email from an ex asking how I am. We parted on bad terms, I ended things cause he was deceitful and untrustworthy. I dont really feel like replying to the email cause I'd rather just forget the past but then part of me feels nasty for ignoring the email. I dont want him to start contacting me again, but I dont want to be rude either. So what would be the best way of handling this?

There's nothing nasty in not responding to an unsolicited and unwelcome e-mail. It's rather like spam, responding even to tell them to remove youir name from their mailing list, merely confirms that your email address is still functional, and they send more spam. Simply politely ignore it. And you can indeed block his email address so as not to recevie further mailings from him

8
Posted by: suzie | 2007/05/25

The nasty ex's don't like that they have lost control over you and by you responding it's one under their belt that they still have one over you

Reply to suzie
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/25

lol! okay, dont reply! And block his email address too so that you won't be in this predicament again

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Joy | 2007/05/25

DONT REPLY!!!!

Reply to Joy
Posted by: JP | 2007/05/25

There is nothing rude in not sending a reply!! Just ignore the mail. Cause if you reply once, he has a foot in the door. Then he will reply on your reply etc etc. So just don't reply. As you said yourself. Leave the past in the past...

Reply to JP
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/25

Don't reply!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: G | 2007/05/25

NO NO NO - Don't reply ... most people who are diceitful and dishonest do NOT deal in subtlety.

By not replying you are not being nasty, and by replying you are sending a message that you are open to communication - which you are not.

Look after yourself and DONT reply.....

Reply to G
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/25

I agree. Just send an SMS, thanking him poliitely and that you are fine but you would prefer if he refrained from contacting you

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Whatever | 2007/05/25

E-mail him back and tell him politely that u'd rather he didnt contact u at all.

Reply to Whatever