Posted by: K@K | 2009/07/08

Ex want to change kids surnam

No sure if Im at the right forum..
My ex-husband has decided to change his surname from that of his step ather(which me and the kids go by) to the one of his biological father. I feel it is an inconvenience and this might have a psychological impact on them as well.He has never explained why to them why they have to change their name. I have custody of the kids as per divorce order, can he force the kids to change the surname? What does the law say about this?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert


I would suggest you ask this question to a lawyer.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: patty | 2009/07/29

why alwayz the divorce courts favours women when i comes
to cutstody of the children and mostly these bitter womens
uses children as weapon to drill your money because i have
never heard any of the bitter women said she received enough
maintanance money they want to leave u bankbroke/penniless
every month preaching that this money is for children because
u have some one in your life they are greed,jealous,bitter,

Reply to patty
Posted by: G-Dad | 2009/07/13

He can change his name a million times but he can not change the name given to the kids without both parents agreeing to it.

No he can not force the name change, I doubt that any court will make such an order.

Reply to G-Dad

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.