Question
Posted by: Temba | 2007/06/11

Ex still haunts me

My girlfriend and I had an argument last night.She said to me that her ex boyfriend used to be so understanding.I think in a way she was comparing me with him although she never said it directly.This is worrying me and is telling me that she is still not over her ex and i once found out that they were communicating.She's so stubborn.I always never win the arguments.even if she is wrong she never admits to be.

This ex of hers cheated on her.But how on earth can you still have affection for someone who cheated on you?i don't understand.

She's fighting unfairly. If her ex bf was so darn understanding, he wouldn't be her Ex --- unfair comparisons are a tactic, not a statement of fact. One could better read this as a statement that she feels misunderstood, and relationship counselling could be very helpful here

2
Posted by: Tobs | 2007/06/11

I'm a 26 yr old woman who has came from nowhere in life but worked hard to be where she is now. My problem is that I'm a very loving person - I don't know how to hold back.

Let me put it this way, everytime I'm in a relationship 3 months will be a honeymoon stage then afterwards a guy will show his true colours.

My last boyfriend cheated on me while I was in a business trip and came back a day earlier. I didn't see it coming because I use to do everything for him (I mean everything) including paying his and his child's school fees, giving him pocket money, booze money and never asked him how much is he earning.

The one before that did the same thing - how can I be so unhappy while I do everything right?

One of my friends told me that its because I'm too sweet and very giving - that's why guys take advantage of me and hurt me in the end.

Reply to Tobs
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/11

Tell her that you love her and that you will set her free if she loves the ex more and if she'll be happier with him, only because you love her and want her to be happy. She'll come back to you in no time (i think). And women always want what they can't have

Reply to Echelle