Posted by: Crystal | 2008/09/30

ex-smoker, damaged skin &  big pores

I' m 32 and gave up smoking this year.
My skin is not that smooth anymore and I have a few ' invisible'  marks/scars.
My main issue is that my pores are very prominant.
Especially on my nose.

I also have a few light blood vessels on my cheeks, from squeezing (due to large pores). I have made an effort to stop that though.

Admittedly I don' t have much of a skin care regime, other than washing my face or putting a hot facecloth over it to wake me up. I put Rooibos Day cream on every day, but only remember to use my night cream about 5 times a month.

I need a proper regime to try save what I have left &  hopefully improve on what I currently have.

I' m also concerned that when I lose the massive amount of weight I' m busy working on, that I' m going to look much older, as I' ve seen that this is what happens to most older, overweight women.

Is there any hope for me?
I need thorough cleansing &  tightening.

Is there any product that acts as a drawing agent to really get the muck out?

Any advice will be really really REALLY appreciated.

I do prefer natural products, but am open to any advice.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Crystal, thank you for the question.

The best way for treating skin with open pores is to use one of the alphahydroxy acids. My preference is glycolic acid (derived from sugar cane) and the following regime should be followed:
NeoStrata Clarifying Face Wash
NeoStrata Oil Free Lotion SPF
NeoStrata Oil Control Gel
NeoStrata Clear Skin Solution
I would also add a monthly glycolic acid peel to the above topical regime to further enhance the effects and to treat the fine lines, marks, scars, and to brighten the skin.

Posted by: Crystal | 2008/10/03

Will try it out.

Reply to Crystal